Thursday 30 May 2019

Feminism/Feminity


This is my response to Lionel Shriver's article in the Spectator of 11th May 2019, with the title, "Feminism has succeeded – so why don’t we call it quits?"

Lionel, we've got the feminist movement mainly because men don't know how to care for women properly and consequently women don't know how to honour men. My own experience in my callow youth was to be too focused on genitals. I exploited women who suffered, as did I. I am not alone. I can blame my upbringing - two world wars brutalised too many men, my father being one. But that is no excuse. So is there a remedy? Maybe back to first principles. We men can explore and learn what it means to be truly masculine and communicate with our youth. And is it possible that women would be willing to embrace and delight in their femininity? Feminism comes up all the time. - Femininity never.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Marriage 2

  Marriage 2                       More thoughts on marriage We are sexual beings and we are distinctly male and female.              ...